This Privacy Notice describes the information The Shaw Elite Club (“Shaw Elite”, “we”, “our”, or “us”) collects about you when you use our website club.shawstrength.com (the “Website”), how we use this information, with whom we share it, and the choices you have in connection with this.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
Through your use of our Website, Shaw Elite may collect personal information, which is information that identifies you or relates to you as an identifiable individual. Shaw Elite will collect personal information from your directly and automatically as you use our Website.
- Information We Collect Directly From You
We collect personal information from you when you:
- Contact us. When you contact us or send us any questions or inquires, we collect your name, email address, telephone number, and any other information you choose to include in your correspondence. We use this personal information to respond to your questions or inquiries, troubleshoot where necessary, communicate with you about the Website, and address any issues you may have.
- Enter a giveaway. To enter a Shaw Elite giveaway, we will collect your name and email address. We use this personal information to enter you into the giveaway and to communicate with you about the giveaway.
- Join Shaw Elite. To join Shaw Elite, we will collect your name, email address, selected username, and selected password. Once your account is created, you also have the option to upload a profile picture. We use this personal information to create your Shaw Elite account, communicate with you about your account, and to provide you with exclusive content. We may also use this personal information to send you information on Shaw Elite products and services we feel may be of interest to you.
- Make a purchase. If you make a purchase on our Website, such as your Shaw Elite membership or a Shaw Elite product, you will have the option to pay through your PayPal account or through our third-party payment processor, Stripe. In doing so, these entities will collect your payment information (payment card number, expiration date, and CVV). We do not see your payment information and the collection and use of your payment information is governed by the privacy notice of the selected entity. We use the confirmation of payment received from Stripe or PayPal to facilitate your purchase.
- Subscribe to Shaw Elite communications. If you subscribe to Shaw Elite communications to receive more information from Shaw Elite, we will collect your email address. We use this information to send you marketing communications on Shaw Elite products and services we feel may be of interest to you.
Shaw Elite may also use your information collected for the above purposes to defend our rights and the rights of others, to efficiently maintain our business, to comply with the law, and for other limited circumstances as described in HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION.
- Information Collected Automatically.
- Usage information. This includes which pages on our Website you visit, the frequency of access, time spent on each page, and referring website details.
- Location information. This includes information about your location, which may be determined through your IP address.
- Device Information. This includes certain information about the device you use to access the Website, such as hardware model, operating system, browser, and your preferences.
To collect this information, our Website employs the following cookies:
- Essential cookies. We use essentials cookies to prevent fraudulent use of the Website, and to allow the Website and its features to function properly.
- Functional cookies. We use functional cookies to provide enhanced functionality, to diagnose server and Website errors, and in cases of abuse, track and mitigate the abuse.
- Social media cookies. Our Website includes social media widgets. These widgets may collect your IP address and which page you are visiting on our Website. These widgets may set a cookie or utilize other tracking technologies to accomplish this. Social media widgets are hosted by a third-party and your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Shaw Elite may share your personal information for the following purposes:
- Within Shaw Elite. Where necessary, we may share your information within Shaw Elite and our corporate family, such as with subsidiaries, joint ventures, or affiliates, in order to efficiently carry out our business and to the extent permitted by law. We may also share your personal information with Shaw Elite affiliates so that our Shaw Elite affiliates may provide you with products and services we feel may be of interest to you. To unsubscribe from these communications, please click the “unsubscribe” link provided with each email.
- With service providers. We may share your information with our service providers to perform functions on our behalf and to help us administer the Website. These service providers include our web developers, our communication vendor, and our payment processor.
- With other user of Shaw Elite. If you post in Shaw Elite forums or community feeds, your name profile picture, and any information you include in your post will be shared with other users of Shaw Elite. You can delete your posts at any time by clicking “delete” under your post.
- In the event of a corporate reorganization. In the event that we enter into, or intend to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of our business, such as a reorganization, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment, consolidation, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, we would share your personal information with third-parties, including the buyer or target (and their agents and advisors) for the purpose of facilitating and completing the transaction. We would also share your personal information with third-parties if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation, in the course of such proceedings.
- For legal purposes. We will share your personal information where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders, law enforcement or legal process, including for national security purposes; to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights, as required to enforce our terms of service or other contracts; to defend against legal claims or demands; to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person; or to comply with the requirements of any applicable law.
YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES
- Access or correct your personal information. You can access your Shaw Elite account to access or correct certain personal information of yours in our possession and which is associated with your account.
- Marketing emails. You may opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link provided with each email. Please note that we will continue to send you emails necessary to the Website, your account, or any assistance you request.
If you are a consumer in the State of Nevada, you may request to opt-out of the current or future sale of certain of your personal information. We do not currently sell any of your personal information under Nevada law, nor do we plan to do so in the future. If you have any questions regarding our information practices, or would like to opt-out of the future sale of your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURE
We do not support Do Not Track (DNT). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your browser.
We implement and maintain reasonable security measures to protect the personal information we collect and maintain. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the information we have collected from you.
The Website and the Services are not intended for individuals under the age of eighteen (18).
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. We will post the changes to this page, and will indicate the date the changes go into effect. We encourage you to review our Privacy Notice to stay informed. If we make changes that materially affect your privacy rights we will notify you via email or by a prominent post on our Website.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Privacy Notice was last modified on September 11, 2020